Containers connect the world with standardized freight shipping.
When most people think of international freight shipping, they picture corrugated steel shipping containers stacked on the deck of a container ship. Shipping containers have played a big role in the globalization of many industries across the world. Thousands of container ships are transporting millions of containers across the globe as you read this.
While we don’t offer instant container shipping quotes on RORO.com, our team of experts can offer containerized shipping from any origin in the US or Canada, to any destination worldwide.
Container Shipping Facts:
- Containers come in standard 20-foot, 40-foot, and 45-foot sizes.
- Each container has a unique alphanumeric ID that allows it to be tracked during shipment.
- Interlocking metal structures are used to safely stack containers on container ships.
- Ocean carriers share container equipment with each other to maximize availability.
- Containers are rented for the purpose of your shipment, and then returned to the port or depot closest to your destination to be used for the next shipment.
- Shared container services are available, and are called LCL, or “Less than Container Load”.
Container shipping is often the most cost effective way to ship your large freight worldwide. However, some freight requires dismantling in order to fit into the container. Through our network of ground transporters and dismantling and loading facilities, we can handle all aspects of your containerized shipment.
We look forward to working with you on your upcoming international container shipment. To request a containerized shipping quote, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-407-284-1985. Or simply click on the chat icon on this page to be connected directly with our sales team.