This policy is global in nature and governs our data protection practices whether we collect your personal information through one of our website, through application software or through other means. When we collect information about you other than through one of our website, we will first obtain your permission to do so, if and as required by applicable law. However, by using any The RORO Company website on which this policy is posted, you agree that this policy governs our collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information submitted to us on or through that website. If you do not agree to be bound by this policy, you can not access or use our website and/or use our application software.
Information We Collect and How
The RORO Company collects information about you from various sources. For example, we may have a direct relationship with you, and you may choose to provide personal information to us in connection with that relationship. You may choose to submit information to us, for example, on our website, in connection with use of our products, services or applications software, when you participate in an offer or promotion, or in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us. We also may obtain information about you from companies that use our products or services, publicly available information systems, consumer reporting agencies, and commercial information services.
The types of personal information we may obtain are:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone or fax number)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization)
- Government-issued identification documents (such as driver's license or other required documents to verify your identity for the purposes of conducting customs business on your behalf)
- Country of origin information (from which country you are accessing the website)
- Usernames and passwords used to access The RORO Company resources
- Contact information for colleagues, business partners or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Mobile device unique identifier
- Social Media identifier (such as LinkedIn or Facebook ID)
- Geo-location data
- Other information (such as language preference)
We also collect certain information with regards to the services we provide either manually or by automated means. For example, we collect shipment data, shipping history, documents connected to shipments and customs clearances and data on the products that are shipped.
Below we explain the different types of cookies that may be used on the site.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Disabling these Cookies may make the services and features unavailable.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
These types of cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use session cookies to support the functionality of the website and to understand your use of the site—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
Statistics cookies help collect information about your use of the website and enable us to improve the way it works. These cookies give us aggregated information that we use to monitor site performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the website, and measure the effectiveness of marketing (including emails).
The RORO Company processes anonymous statistics about visits to the website. This is done with a web analysis system. Among other things, the following data are stored via cookies in the web analysis system:
- the IP address
- technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen
- from which page you came to the The RORO Company website
- when and for how long you visit or use the The RORO Company website
- whether you use functionalities of the The RORO Company website or The RORO Company App
- which pages you visit on the The RORO Company website and which screens of the The RORO Company App you are viewing.
Marketing cookiesWe do not use marketing cookies in any way.
Unclassified cookiesUnclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- provide the information, products and services you request;
- provide you, if you are a consumer, with effective customer service;
- provide our customers and carriers with shipment information such as location;
- provide you with a personalized experience when you use our website;
- contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- contact you with information and notices related to your use of our products and services, including our website;
- invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- better understand your needs and interests;
- improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- improve the content, functionality and usability of the website;
- promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities; and to manage corporate risk exposure; and
- use for any other purpose about which we provide notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described herein or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
We share information to perform activities that you request. For example, we may share the personal information we collect with our affiliates, or to cooperate with an authorized law enforcement or regulatory investigation. In addition, we may share personal information with other third parties with the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains.
Change of Control
We also reserve the right to transfer information about you to a successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of one of our website to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner consistent with this policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you:
- Information and access: Of course you can see which personal data we process from you. We are happy to tell you more about how and why we process this data unless the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identify.
- Submitting information: You may refrain from submitting information directly to us, although doing so may impact our ability to provide the products, services, and information you request and/or affect your ability to use applications software
- Rectification: Do you feel that we have wrong information about you? Let us know then we will adjust it.
- Right to be forgotten: You can request deletion of the personal data we have about you. It may be that for other purposes (administration or deduplication, for example) we still have to process this data or retain some of it. We will respond to such requests within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity
- Restriction: If you feel that we are processing your personal data incorrectly, then you can also have that processing limited.
- Restricting cookies: You may elect not to have a unique cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid aggregation and analysis of data collected on our websites. Generally, if you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer.
- Objection: you can lodge an objection for the processing of your personal data. Is it marketing? Then we will terminate that processing as soon as possible.
- Transferability: This is a new right under the GDPR to transfer your personal data. If you want to use this, please contact us.
We typically offer you an opportunity to choose whether you want to receive certain communications from us, by including an "unsubscribe" link in each electronic newsletter or promotional e-mail we send you, so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future.
We store your data no longer than necessary and we annually evaluate this necessity with your privacy, our relation and the applicable legislation in mind.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this policy.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately,no website, server or database is completely secure or 'hackerproof'. We therefore cannot guarantee that information about you will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. The RORO Company never collects information for third party commercial marketing purposes nor does it create individual profiles or provide your information to any third party organization. The RORO Company will only share your information with third parties when and as you request or as otherwise required by law.
Use of Our Web Sites by Children Under the Age of Thirteen
We are proud of our website and we strive to ensure that they do not offend people of any age. However, unless otherwise noted on a particular site, our websites are not intended for children under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personally identifiable information on or through our website without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites can operate independently from The RORO Company. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. In addition, a link to a non-The RORO Company website does not mean that The RORO Company endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature. The RORO Company is not liable for the privacy practices or the content of other websites and to the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by The RORO Company, we are not responsible for the sites' content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us using the information below. Please make all inquiries or requests regarding your information in English so we can respond to and resolve requests.
Corporate Data Protection Officer
The RORO Company does not have one designated DPO, and as such we recommend contacting our founders directly via email. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Roll On Roll Off Company LLC
DBA The RORO Company